We made it to the Columbia River Gorge and are now in the friendly confines of the Hartmann household in White Salmon, WA for the night.
- Tons of huckleberries, blueberries, thimbleberries, and other berries we can’t identify
- Crater Lake thunder and lightning storms
- Fires in southern Oregon
- lots of shade and mellow terrain
- alpine wildflowers
- Eagle Creek waterfalls
- hiking 63 miles in one day
- visiting Star Rider’s sister in Portland
- visiting the Hartmann’s in White Salmon, WA at the border
- the buffet at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood
- lava fields
- Meeting Bink (Scott Williamson) who has hiked the PCT 13 times and is currently hiking south attempting to beat the current speed record
- 4 days off for our friend Molly’s Blessing Way ceremony
- Running into tons of other hiker friends on the trail including Ranger Jan, Kokopelli, Bright Eyes, Hot Thigh Motion guys, Karaoke, Hot Pants, and many more.
- The Three Sisters, Mt. Jefferson, Mt Hood, and Mt. Thielsen.
- Hiked into Oregon from California on Aug 3rd
- Reached the northern border on Aug 25th
- Hiking days = 17
- Non hiking days = 5
We’re feeling so fortunate to be where we are and are super excited to start hiking north into Washing tomorrow!