If you were not going to work for 6 months, what would you do? We’ve choosen to hike the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) for the following reasons:
– Living outside
– Slowing things down
In just 5 days we’ve experienced all of those. This trail is a gift and we’re thankful to be experiencing it.
Here’s some highlights from the first 77 miles:
– Sleeping under the stars during a lunar eclipse
– Wildlife sightings including a bobcat, rattle snake, rabbits, cool birds
– Wildflowers everywhere
– Meeting many good people with tons of character. (Walljito, Col. Mustard, Wilderness Bob)
– Hiking during sunrise and sunset in the same day. (Unexpected night hike)
– singing Dick @ Jane songs on trail
– Lots of quiet time
– Passing through different ecosystems daily.
– Making it to Stage Coach RV Park in Shelter Valley today. Our Oasis in the desert.